Clean Migrations require Deep Insight
Consolidating Active Directory and your IT Infrastructure is not a simple task. It requires extensive visibility not only into Active Directory itself, but virtually everything Active Directory influences in the environment. The numerous steps and unknowns involved only add to the confusion for key stakeholders like Audit & Compliance groups, Security and Identity & Access Management, AD Engineering, Operations and Infrastructure; all whom play a critical role in achieving this difficult, yet reachable objective.
To help create structure, process, and the visibility needed by the various groups within an organization that must partake in this project, STEALTHbits Technologies has combined the best and most valuable components of the StealthAUDIT Management Platform to create a single dataset with all the answers.
Step through the tabs below to learn how STEALTHbits’ staged approach to Active Directory Unification will streamline administration, solidify your security model, increase security and compliance stature, reduce overhead, and simplify access provisioning for your organization.
In the Assessment stage, STEALTHbits’ solution determines which objects are out there and how they are organized.
- Which objects you need to move
- How the source objects are organized within their domain
- What systems you want to repurpose
- The differences in group policy, schema, and naming conventions that can cause issues during Unification
In the Cleanup stage, STEALTHbits’ solution helps to eliminate toxic conditions in the source environment so they don’t spread to the target environment, along with identifying objects that don’t need to be Unified.
- Determine which objects can be safely removed from both the source and target domains
- Identify where those objects are being used
- Disable the unneeded objects and hold them for a period until it can be confirmed that they are not in use
- Delete unneeded objects
In the Deep Scan stage, STEALTHbits’ solution determines where the objects to be Unified have permissions across your entire infrastructure.
- Identify the objects that are to be unified
- Discover where the objects are being used by scanning
- Active Directory
- Files and Shares
- And More
In the Post Assessment stage, STEALTHbits’ solution verifies that the Unified objects have arrived in their new locations and have appropriate rights.
- Enumerate the objects and provide confidence that only the necessary objects arrived in their new locations
- Assess the Unified objects to ensure that they received the correct rights, applications, and policy assignments
- Provide ongoing tools to ensure that new Unified corporate policies remain in effect
After the migration is complete, STEALTHbits provides tools to ensure the new Unified directory stays in a clean and properly configured state.
- StealthINTERCEPT to track and prevent changes to key objects and policies across AD, Exchange, GPOs, and the File System
- StealthNEWS to provide visibility into the health of you AD and Exchange environments
- StealthAUDIT to provide regular check-ups ensuring that toxic conditions have not crept back into your environment and that your policies remain in place
Please click on an image below to expand the report: