Change Auditor vs. STEALTHbits
Change Auditor vs. STEALTHbits – Which is right for you?
In the world of real-time security monitoring, not all solutions are created equal. Most solutions within the change monitoring space are reliant upon event logs to capture the activities occurring within critical systems and applications like Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows File Systems; but not StealthINTERCEPT and Change Auditor.
Many companies, frustrated with the shortcomings and limitations of native logging and security controls have turned to STEALTHbits and Dell (formerly Quest Software) for a more robust, authoritative, secure, and streamlined solution to not only detect changes in real-time, but prevent modifications and access to their critical infrastructure. But as the threat landscape has changed and the threats themselves have matured, many are realizing that change data alone can only take them so far, and another level of visibility is needed to address today threats – this is where StealthINTERCEPT has taken the lead.
Why Choose Change Auditor?
The Change Auditor technology has survived multiple acquisitions, from NetPro to Quest, Quest to Dell, but has also become increasingly modularized and operationally focused over the years. With 13 modules and counting, organizations now need to invest in a minimum of three (3) to cover just Active Directory alone, adding up to a hefty, prohibitive price tag. Here are some of the reasons an organization might choose Change Auditor for their change auditing needs.
- If you are looking for only Active Directory object change auditing (Change Auditor for Active Directory)
- If you are looking for only LDAP request monitoring (Change Auditor for Active Directory Queries)
- If you are looking for only Active Directory account login monitoring (Change Auditor for Logon Activity) and don’t mind deploying an agent to every endpoint you want this information from or aren’t interested in suspicious authentication trends
- If your requirements are largely operationally or compliance focused, and don’t care too much about security
- If you do not require out-of-the-box SIEM integration and are happy to work with exported SYSLOG files
Why Choose STEALTHbits?
STEALTHbits and StealthINTERCEPT are all about identifying threats, securing data, and reducing risk. In the puzzle that is IT security, StealthINTERCEPT is a piece that fits in seamlessly with many of your other investments (e.g. SIEM, PIM, IAM, UBA) enabling and enriching your organization to achieve true security, not simply satisfy a few items on a never-ending checklist of compliance requirements. The benefits of StealthINTERCEPT include:
- Real-time Authentication-based Attack Analytics (Horizontal/Lateral Account Movement, Brute Force Attacks, Account Hacking, Concurrent Logins, Breached Passwords, and more)
- Real-time detection of every change and authentication activity within Active Directory
- Surgical protection and control facilities (structure, objects, attributes, configurations, etc.)
- Direct integration with industry-leading SIEM platforms (IBM QRadar, HP ArcSight, RSA Security Analytics, McAfee ESM)
- A single package for Active Directory security inclusive of all AD Objects, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), DNS settings, LDAP requests, and Authentication traffic.
The choice is yours
Dell is a household name, but not for security software. StealthINTERCEPT’s focus and expertise in security makes it the clear choice for organizations looking to address today’s threats, because it’s not good enough to solely monitor changes anymore. To learn more about how StealthINTERCEPT can provide the visibility, protection, control, and intelligence needed to secure your organization’s most sensitive assets, contact us today for a demonstration or download our Executive Brief.