Splunk fschange Alternative
Many organizations are looking for a Splunk fschange alternative and STEALTHbits File Activity Monitoring is that alternative. Monitoring file activity can be a challenging endeavor due to the complexity of configuration and overall performance concerns associated with native auditing. STEALTHbits File Activity Monitoring can help answer some of the most critical questions:
- What are users doing with their access?
- Which files did they access?
- What are they doing to the data?
- Determine data ownership
- Determine who needs access to data
- Formulate group memberships
- Identity who is accessing sensitive data
- Maintain an audit trail of all file activity
- Detect patterns of activity indicative of malware like crypto-ransomware
- Alert when a user accesses sensitive information
- Alert when specific conditions are met
File Activity Monitoring
Just the Data
- Collect all or specific file activities
- Easily query file activity to answer simple questions
- Feed file activity data to Splunk for advanced correlation and safekeeping
In a recent survey conducted by Dimensional Research and commissioned by Preempt, 65% of respondents were concerned about stolen data and abuse of admin credentials.
91% of respondents said insiders have access to systems they shouldn't, and 70% said they're unable to monitor privileged user activities effectively.
-The Growing Security Threat from Insiders
Most organizations store a significant amount of critical and sensitive information within unstructured data on file shares. It is necessary to implement a file monitoring process so it is possible to audit user activities and answer very basic questions around who has accessed, moved, changed, or deleted these files.